Venice’s campus to be modernized by 2018

Jennifer Mendez, News Editor

New plan for upgrading Venice's campus.
Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc.
New plan for upgrading Venice’s campus.
Outdoor area for Word Language Magnet will be located between the East Building and the East Gym.
Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc.
Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc.
Outdoor area for Media SLC will be located between the Auditorium and the East Building.
Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc.
Outdoor area for Earth Justice will be in between the shops.
Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc.
Outdoor area for SREMM Magnet will be located south of the Far West Building.
Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc.

Student Cafeteria
Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc.
Student Cafeteria
In the next few years, the Venice High School campus will be remodeled with new outdoor spaces for each of Venice’s small learning communities.

By 2018, a new lunch pavilion will also be built to replace the covered eating area, the student store, and outdoor courtyards, which are not currently earthquake proof. Construction will start in winter 2016, according to a design by Hibser Yamauchi Architects Inc., which was presented at a Facilities Improvements Design Meeting on Feb. 25.

The outdoor learning area for the STEMM Magnet will be located south of the Far West Building. Bungalows will be taken down to create the space.

The outdoor learning area for the World Language Magnet will be located between the East building and the East Gym, where the junior lawn is now.

The outdoor learning area for Media SLC will be located between the Auditorium and the East Building.

The outdoor learning area for Earth Justice will be in between the shops. Bungalows will also be taken down for this space.