LACMA is “At Home With Monsters”

The+famous+Frankenstien+

The famous “Frankenstien”

Maya Manjarrez, Editor in Chief

Venice High foreign exchange student andrea Simon observing art in Guillermo Del Toro exhibit.
devilsbackbone
From the movie “The Devil’s Backbone”

The famous "Frankenstien"
The famous “Frankenstien”

The director and artist Guillermo Del Toro’s whimsical and wonderful mind is put on display at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art in his current exhibit titled “At Home With Monsters”.

It features many of his works from movies such as “Hellboy,” “Pan’s Labyrinth,” “Pacific Rim,” “The Devil’s Backbone” and more.

Being a huge fan of Del Toro’s movies and artwork, I had many expectations when I walked into the exhibit. It exceeded all of them. Being able to see concept art of memorable characters in their early stages and seeing how they evolved into the characters we know and love today was amazing to see.

Even if you have never heard of Del Toro and his movies, you will enjoy all of his art. There are paintings, sketches and even life-size models of his wonderfully creepy monsters.

After walking through all of his astounding art, visitors will be able to make your own monsters. The museum offers sketchpads to anyone who goes to the exhibit and they can draw anything they want in a separate room at the end of the exhibit.

Also, if you are under 18 years old, the exhibit is absolutely free! Be sure to check out “At Home With Monsters” at LACMA until Nov. 27. The address is 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA. You can visit LACMA’s website at lacma.org.

The Oarsman gives Guillermo Del Toro’s “At Home With Monsters” exhibit a whopping 10/10.