• Senior Grad Night: June 6!

Venice Grad likely NFL Draft

Gabe Marks plays for Washington State University

Luke Hollister/Daily Evergreen

Luke Hollister/Daily Evergreen

Sofia Alonso, Reporter

Gabe Marks is a former Gondolier currently attending Washington State, where he plays wide receiver. He hopes soon to be drafted to the NFL

At Washington State, Marks set the Pac-12 record for most career receptions in his senior year, according to NFL.com. He  also finished second in conference history with 37 touchdown catches and seventh with 3,453 receiving yards. He is not necessarily the biggest receiver at six feet, 190 pounds, but NFL.com reports he may be the hardest-working.

College football player and former Gondolier Gabe Marks recently visited Venice to see his former football coach.

Marks was recently spotted on campus while visiting his old football coach, Coach Angelo Gasca. Marks was asked how it feels like to be on the threshold of being on the NFL. His response was, “It feels like a Christmas present you can’t open yet.” The NFL draft will start April 27.

Marks had a successful high school career, according to wsucougars.com. He had 53 tackles as a sophomore and was named MVP of Los Angeles Nike Football Training camp as a junior. As a senior, Gabe was named the Western League’s defensive player of the year.

“He didn’t come in as the best, but earlier in the spring of his freshman year, I knew that he was going to be the best person in his class,” said Coach Gasca.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “Venice Grad likely NFL Draft”

1. Natasha Williams on April 5th, 2017 11:39 AM

Congratulations Gabe you deserve it because you are hard working wish my son had the same drive all of you would’ve been in that draft coming up choose the right team stay close to us . all yourfamily . fad would’ve been so proud of you

[Reply]

2. Virgee romero on April 7th, 2017 2:01 AM

I love the way his mom supportted him all the way

[Reply]

3. Tom young Dj on April 7th, 2017 10:25 AM

West up bro this is DJ THE BEST MUSIC PRODUCER IN VENICE I watch GROW UP YOU MAY REMMBER ME BUT I WAS ALWAYS WITH SD AT THE APRMENT BUILDING ON PALMS AND YOUR MOM HAD A PLACE THERE DAN YOU SD HAF A PLACE THERE I USE TO PLAY WITH YOU WHEN YOU WAS A KID YOU GROW UP MAN BRO YOU ON YOUR WAY MUST BE NICE KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND ALWAY KEEP FAMILY FIRST OK BRO ALL IM ASKING IS LET A NIGGA GET SOME tickets Dj luie v

[Reply]

4. Darlene Flores-Provencio on April 7th, 2017 8:04 PM

Congratulations to Gabe Marks on your impending NFL career!!! Your commitment to your skills & education has paid off. God Bless you and your family.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Venice Grad likely NFL Draft