“Interstellar” is out of this world

Christopher Acosta, Reporter

The dramatic action film “Interstellar” starts with the world set in a distant future where Earth is becoming a dust bowl.

The planet is becoming uninhabitable, so humans last resort is waiting in the hands of Professor Brand (Micheal Caine), a physicist who plans to send a former NASA pilot Cooper (Matthew McConaughey) to go to the outer depths of space.

They will take a worm hole to get to the outskirts of the galaxy to see if they discover a new habitable planet to live on and save mankind.

The film’s visuals are what people are calling “Inception in space” referring to the special effect visuals. When the crew lands on the planet’s ground, the atmosphere’s weather is very dynamic.

The visuals are in full effect when they land on the ocean-filled planet, and the crew notices that the mountains are rising. In reality, the ocean level is rising. The viewer is left in suspense, hoping the crew will make it back to the ship.

If I was to rate this movie from a scale from 1 to 10. I’d give it an 8. The film’s visuals were great, and there was some suspense here and there. This movie was pretty entertaining.

The film “Interstellar” was released on Nov. 7 and is rated PG-13, and is directed by Christopher Nolan, who has also directed “Man of Steel,” “The Dark Knight Rises” and “Inception.”

You can go rent “Interstellar” on Redbox for DVD rent.