Boys’ Volleyball Season Wraps Up

Emily Salazar

Ian Dunipace, number 10, spiking ball

Isaac Ng, Sports Editor

Boys’ volleyball’s season ended in a 3-0 loss at Taft in the CIF-LACS Boys Volleyball Playoffs Open Division Wednesday, May 26.

“I think the game went well considering the fact that we only had six games prior to playing Taft and they played 18 games for their season,” senior Diego Uribe said. 

Despite the tough ending, the team, 10-2, still had a very successful season. They finished with an overall record of 5-2 and league record of 5-1, placing them second in the western league.

“Considering all the obstacles, I think we did well this season overall,” Uribe said. 

Uribe was proud that the team made it to the open division even though they had so little time to get back in shape and were full of young players. 

“All the sets were very close and winnable,” Uribe said. “But with a shortened season and only an hour and a half of practice time each day, the results are what they are.” 

This would be the last season of Uribe’s high school volleyball career. He has played for the Gondos for over two-and-a half years and admits that he wasn’t too happy with the way last season ended. 

However, Uribe still has had a wonderful experience with the team and wants to thank the Venice Volleyball family for making this season special despite everything that stood in their way. 

“Shout out to my coaches Raul and Mr. Hunt for making me the best volleyball player and athlete I could be while also teaching good morals and strong character,” Uribe said.