Self love on Valentine’s Day

Aranza Naguanagua, Opinion Editor

Every year when Valentine’s Day rolls around, people tend to fret about not being in a relationship.

But to have a successful Valentines Day, you don’t need to have that special someone to spend the day with. This day should be dedicated to doing things you love with people who mean a lot to you, not just someone who has a petty title such as “Valentine.”

Even people who are in relationships can agree that there are many pros to being single on Valentine’s Day. Junior Angel Nascimento says “I can stay home and be myself.”

This is important because instead of putting all your energy into making someone else happy, you could focus on doing things that make you happy.

Another reason to be happy about not being in a relationship on this holiday would be because you don’t have to worry about buying other people gifts. Freshman Astin Sasaki says that his favorite aspect about being single on Valentines Day is that “I don’t have to spend money on gifts.”

Instead of focusing on buying a present for someone else, try doing something nice for yourself. Go out and buy something that you’ve wanted and that will make you happy. Or go do something fun with your friends like watching a movie or bowling, especially since Valentine’s is on a Saturday this year.This Valentine’s Day make sure that you do something that you love. No matter whether you are single or in a relationship, make sure that what you are doing is making you happy.