The Vintage Hollywood Homecoming Dance was Glamorous

Almond McKinley

Most students who attended Venice High’s Homecoming dance on Oct. 29 said it was a hit ! It was held in the West Gym from 6:30 to 10 p.m.

Halfway through the dance, the Homecoming king, queen, and court were announced. Congratulations went to Daniel Tovar for winning Homecoming King and Tania Paz for winning Homecoming Queen. Students applauded Daniel and Tania and screamed in joy for them as they received their crowns. Senior SaraJoy Salib, senior Samantha Wah, senior Darlene Silva, junior Shara Wade, and sophomore Jason Ramirez won Homecoming Court.

This year’s theme was Vintage Hollywood. Red poster paper lined the bleachers with a “Hollywood” sign, tables were covered in black tablecloths, gold streamers were spread across the floor, and a giant star lined with black, white, and gold balloons hung from the basketball court. Behind the giant star, was Power 106’s very own Dj Diamond.

“She playin’ all the good music,” said senior Deija Todd “ I’m happy I came.”

Sophomore Asiah Castille even spotted Ms. Traci Thrasher and Ms. Aura Talley dancing.

Through the night, students who purchased tickets for the photo booth made their way to take pictures to remember the night. The ticket prices were $15 for admission and $20 with the photo booth and a week later, prices went up. Students were charged $20 for admission and $25 with the photo booth.

Dominoes pizza was sold for $1, along with various sodas, and water.