The student news site of Venice High School

• Senior Dinner April 27 !

Baseball Update

Almond Mckinley, reporter

The baseball team is currently 4-0 in league and 8-4 overall, which includes western league, the Tiger Classic, a baseball tournament, and some non-conference games.
Venice defeated their rival Palisades on March 14, and 16. On March 14, they won 5-4 and on March 16 they won 7-3.
“We do what we know,” said senior Matthew Jaffe. “When we work to our best ability, we can accomplish big things.”
According to Jaffe, most of the team has known each other for most of their lives. They played together in little league and this allows the team to understand each other and have great communication.
Jaffe mentioned having a great pitching system between 2 players: Luis Ramos and Jashia Morrissey.
“I dedicate myself to this,” said sophomore Jashia Morrissey “I practice everyday.”
Morrsissey practices with his team after school and puts in extra time on the weekends.
. According to junior varsity player Isaac Castellanos, this team focuses on winning. The varsity team is really good at batting and they use this to their advantage.
They have a long season ahead of them. Aside from league, they are expected to continue in the Tiger Classic, the Poly Tournament, and the Dennis Gilbert Tournament.
The junior varsity team has played 5 games so far. Sadly, they are 0-2 in league and 0-5 overall.