Seniors’ Alumni Association Scholarship Deadline this Monday, April 3

Andrea Lo, Managing Editor

Seniors must submit their applications for the Venice High School Alumni Association Scholarship by Monday, April 3.

Requirements for the scholarship include being a full-time student of Venice High for the past four years, being a U.S. citizen or a U.S. permanent resident, and attend Seniors Awards Night, which is scheduled for May 26.

Seniors must report all of their financial situations on the application along with the FAFSA Student Aid Report, as well as any other aid, such as Cal Grant. Transcripts must also be uploaded. JPG format does not work for these forms; PDF files are able to be uploaded.

Students must also answer four out of eight questions, which are from the UC application. Like the UC application, each response for this scholarship is limited to 350 words.

“Neither teachers nor counselors are able to be on the selection committee,” said VHSAA President Grant Francis. He encouraged all applicants to obtain letters of recommendation from teachers or counselors.

The application is available on the website https://applyforgrants.calfund.org/SpectrumWebPortal, where applicants will have to register as a scholarship applicant, search for Venice High School Alumni Association, clink the link, and type in the password “VHSAA17” before starting the application.