Grad Nite Advance

Rebecca Halfacre

For the first time in recent years, Venice High School’s Grad Nite at the Disneyland Resort will not be the night before graduation. Seniors will be spending Cinco de Mayo at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Charter buses will depart at 10:30 am from Venice High on Saturday, May 5, 2018 and return at 3:15 am on Sunday, May 6, 2018.

Grad Nite being scheduled on a Saturday will give students ample time to rest and finish studying for their AP exams the following week. It also allows seniors to enjoy more hours in the parks.
At 9 pm, Disney California Adventure will lock down and become exclusive to seniors. Students will enjoy special dance parties all over the park, including a silent dance party in which everyone wears headphones, meet and greet experiences with classic Disney characters in caps and gowns, and an exclusive showing of Grad Nite GOODNITE, a graduation-themed World of Color water show on Paradise Pier. Venice seniors will receive a Venice Grad Nite Tee shirt, included with the cost of their ticket.

This is also the first year that Disney has increased the prices by over $45 from previous years. Due to the increase in prices, the PTSA is offering payment plans beginning now. Payment plans are flexible with either one to five monthly payments. The payment plan is available online at https://vhs-grad-nite2018.cheddarup.com. Parents can pay securely online with credit cards or with e-checks.

PTSA will also offer in person registration with cash on campus beginning in January. Prices are as follows:

November – January 31: $170
February 1 – 28: $180
March 1-10: $190
Disneyland Annual Passholders will not receive any discounts on Grad Nite tickets*