Melanie Martinez Scandal

Melanie+Martinez+
Melanie Martinez

Melanie Martinez

Isma Ruvalcaba

Isma Ruvalcaba

Melanie Martinez

Ariel Reyes, Entertainment Reporter

Since the end of 2017, many victims have come out against celebrities who have sexually assaulted them and singer Melanie Martinez was accused of sexually assaulting her former close friend, singer Timothy Heller. On Dec. 4, 2017 Heller posted on Twitter revealing an incident in where she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Martinez.

Martinez made herself publicly known when she became a contestant on “The Voice” and had almost made it all the way to the finals. Unfortunately, she was cut, but she continued to push through and had created a new platform on Youtube.

The indie pop star is easily recognizable by her distinct voice and her split dyed hair. She is entirely something of her own as her style resembles that of a child. Despite this, the lyrics she produces have a dark theme to them that makes her music that much more unique.

The reactions of Martinez’s fans were nothing but chaos as many had gone as far to burn the merchandise they had bought from her and immediately support Heller. Other fans decided to pull away from it all until both parties spoke, and some continued to support Martinez no matter what and have even gone as far as doing their own research and trying to figure out the timeline in which this might have occurred.

Natalie Bonilla, a sophomore, said, “Well, I’m kind of like why would you do that? Especially to a friend and it’s just unacceptable.”

Martinez tweeted later that same day, commenting on Heller’s accusation saying she was horrified. She admits that the two had a sexual encounter but posted on her twitter account “She never said no to what we chose to do together” The statement’s vagueness leaves those to interpret what she said.

More recently, Heller has done an Youtube interview with a fan, where she was talking about the music video for her single, which will come out in February. She also spoke about the incident with Martinez, but seemed unsure and stuttered out the wrong dates in which the assault occurred.
Due to this incident, Martinez had recently released a song called “Piggyback” in where she specifically mentions in her lyrics people who have betrayed her and did it for fame. This has only caused more of a stir.

With the evidence and fans at both girls’ sides, there has been no further reports. Fans of Martinez still believe that Heller is lying and doing it for the fame to promote her music, while the fans of Heller believe that Martinez has committed a crime in which she should just confess. As of now, Martinez’s reputation remains in question.

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Melanie Martinez Scandal”

1. Anonymous Crybaby on February 7th, 2018 8:25 AM

Timothy said on a live stream that it was her idea to buy and play the sexual game. Timothy was the one initiating for them to play the game.

[Reply]

Juno Reply:

Consent is still conditional, though. If someone had previously consented to something before, that doesn’t mean they will continue to give consent in the future. If Timothy had initiated a game to play, that doesn’t mean she suddenly doesn’t have the right to say no if Mel took things too far.

[Reply]

black.jesus.nick Reply:

I agree but I believe that Timothy should have knowns that something like that would happen since it is a sexual game and she is the one who bought it. I am not saying it is her fault…I am just stating my opinion.

[Reply]

Drew Reply:

Ok so idk which side I believe im quite neutral but its unfair to say its timmothys fault , if it did happen

2. Logan Owens on February 12th, 2018 5:44 PM

Well a lot of fans have done research the dates Timothy gave. Melanie wasn’t even in the same city as Timothy the day the incident allegedly took place. Timothy deleted all her old Instagram posts so people couldn’t catch her lies, but they did.

[Reply]

No One Reply:

There’s multitudes of evidence that Timothy Heller is lying. From wrong dates, to changing the story, to even going as far as to bullying. Go to @/crybabyfreed on twitter, they have all the evidence on the allegations, and even found out that Timothy’s current boyfriend was Melanie’s old manager before Melanie dropped him for a bigger company. Kinda sounds like a motive to me. https://twitter.com/crybabyfreed?lang=en

[Reply]

Mila Sews Reply:

How were that Melanie admitted to the sexual incident happening then. (;

[Reply]

Elliot Reply:

That debunk was debunked. https://ismelanieguilty.tumblr.com/post/169197104827/is-melanie-martinez-a-rapist-heres-the-facts

Honestly I don’t think this will ever get any closure.

[Reply]

Melanie supporter Reply:

Timothy lied about the dates of which the incident “suposidly” took place. which to me means that Timothy is lying about the whole incident to gain popularity in fans. which isn’t okay. Timothy is just another celebrity that is obsessed with being popular. It’s stupid that she would ruin her own friends reputation for her own popularity. and i’ve noticed that she copied Melanie’s style as in her look. She needs to own up and admit to lying about the incident. LYING IS NEVER OKAY.

[Reply]

3. Rob on February 19th, 2018 5:43 PM

I think this allegation enhances the image of Melanie Martinez and makes her seem more wild and compelling.

I think that, in general, sex crimes enhance the image of celebrities rather than destroy their careers.

The media bags them, so it seems as though they are unpopular, but the media bagged Michael Jackson for years like he was the scum of the earth. Then when he died the true feelings of the public were revealed in the form of 30-40 million album sales in the year of his death. People clearly didnt care about the allegations at all.

The media does not represent the opinions of the general public – it sensationalises. I think that is also the case here.

The allegations about Melanie Martinez just make me laugh and wonder what other wild things she is up to in her personal life. They do not make me cringe or think she is dirty.

[Reply]

4. I dunno on February 25th, 2018 7:54 AM

Timothy posted a tweet that she immediately delated saying that she was lying and that she only said that cause Mel was getting all the game and glory ; )

[Reply]

Drew Reply:

Ok before u get mad im neutral i dont know who to believe but timothy didnt tweet that or i woulda got the notif cuz her tweets r notifidied by me

[Reply]

5. fortunecookie on February 25th, 2018 3:40 PM

This case is a difficult one, worsened by her fans being young and impulsive. To burn someone’s work you once loved, before you can even be sure of the truth is pretty fickle and it must be devastating for the artist to watch. If Timothy did plan this (and judging by some of the evidence fans have found, its looking possible she did) then its one hell of a thing to do to someone you call a friend. Jealous of Mel’s success she starts the most destructive rumour she can and announces it on Twitter where gossip spreads like wildfire.

Assuming MM is innocent I hope she can recover from this and doesn’t get savaged when she releases her new album. There’s little evidence to prove she’s guilty and until some shows up there’s no reason for so much spite. A guy like Polanski literally had to escape the country to avoid jail and people like Meryl Streep clap him at the Oscars, yet Melanie Martinez sees her work go down in flames for an unsubstantiated claim.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Entertainment

BTS Making Change

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Infinity War Review

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Truth or Dare Review

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Most Anticipated Summer Blockbuster Movies

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Reputation Tour Review

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Venice High School Talent Show

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

RuPaul’s DragCon 2018

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Stop Motion is Underrated

• Entertainment

Venice High Theatre Revisits Classical Musical “West Side Story”

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

“Love, Simon” Bringing Representation for LGBTQ+ Community