Melanie Martinez Scandal

Melanie+Martinez+
Melanie Martinez

Melanie Martinez

Isma Ruvalcaba

Isma Ruvalcaba

Melanie Martinez

Ariel Reyes, Entertainment Reporter

Since the end of 2017, many victims have come out against celebrities who have sexually assaulted them and singer Melanie Martinez was accused of sexually assaulting her former close friend, singer Timothy Heller. On Dec. 4, 2017 Heller posted on Twitter revealing an incident in where she was allegedly sexually assaulted by Martinez.

Martinez made herself publicly known when she became a contestant on “The Voice” and had almost made it all the way to the finals. Unfortunately, she was cut, but she continued to push through and had created a new platform on Youtube.

The indie pop star is easily recognizable by her distinct voice and her split dyed hair. She is entirely something of her own as her style resembles that of a child. Despite this, the lyrics she produces have a dark theme to them that makes her music that much more unique.

The reactions of Martinez’s fans were nothing but chaos as many had gone as far to burn the merchandise they had bought from her and immediately support Heller. Other fans decided to pull away from it all until both parties spoke, and some continued to support Martinez no matter what and have even gone as far as doing their own research and trying to figure out the timeline in which this might have occurred.

Natalie Bonilla, a sophomore, said, “Well, I’m kind of like why would you do that? Especially to a friend and it’s just unacceptable.”

Martinez tweeted later that same day, commenting on Heller’s accusation saying she was horrified. She admits that the two had a sexual encounter but posted on her twitter account “She never said no to what we chose to do together” The statement’s vagueness leaves those to interpret what she said.

More recently, Heller has done an Youtube interview with a fan, where she was talking about the music video for her single, which will come out in February. She also spoke about the incident with Martinez, but seemed unsure and stuttered out the wrong dates in which the assault occurred.
Due to this incident, Martinez had recently released a song called “Piggyback” in where she specifically mentions in her lyrics people who have betrayed her and did it for fame. This has only caused more of a stir.

With the evidence and fans at both girls’ sides, there has been no further reports. Fans of Martinez still believe that Heller is lying and doing it for the fame to promote her music, while the fans of Heller believe that Martinez has committed a crime in which she should just confess. As of now, Martinez’s reputation remains in question.

16 Comments

16 Responses to “Melanie Martinez Scandal”

1. Anonymous Crybaby on February 7th, 2018 8:25 AM

Timothy said on a live stream that it was her idea to buy and play the sexual game. Timothy was the one initiating for them to play the game.

2. Juno on February 10th, 2018 9:08 PM

Consent is still conditional, though. If someone had previously consented to something before, that doesn’t mean they will continue to give consent in the future. If Timothy had initiated a game to play, that doesn’t mean she suddenly doesn’t have the right to say no if Mel took things too far.

3. black.jesus.nick on February 12th, 2018 4:11 PM

I agree but I believe that Timothy should have knowns that something like that would happen since it is a sexual game and she is the one who bought it. I am not saying it is her fault…I am just stating my opinion.

4. Drew on June 16th, 2018 4:10 AM

Ok so idk which side I believe im quite neutral but its unfair to say its timmothys fault , if it did happen

5. Logan Owens on February 12th, 2018 5:44 PM

Well a lot of fans have done research the dates Timothy gave. Melanie wasn’t even in the same city as Timothy the day the incident allegedly took place. Timothy deleted all her old Instagram posts so people couldn’t catch her lies, but they did.

6. No One on February 15th, 2018 2:50 PM

There’s multitudes of evidence that Timothy Heller is lying. From wrong dates, to changing the story, to even going as far as to bullying. Go to @/crybabyfreed on twitter, they have all the evidence on the allegations, and even found out that Timothy’s current boyfriend was Melanie’s old manager before Melanie dropped him for a bigger company. Kinda sounds like a motive to me. https://twitter.com/crybabyfreed?lang=en

7. Mila Sews on February 17th, 2018 11:25 PM

How were that Melanie admitted to the sexual incident happening then. (;

8. Elliot on February 19th, 2018 1:10 PM

That debunk was debunked. https://ismelanieguilty.tumblr.com/post/169197104827/is-melanie-martinez-a-rapist-heres-the-facts

Honestly I don’t think this will ever get any closure.

9. Melanie supporter on February 20th, 2018 7:18 AM

Timothy lied about the dates of which the incident “suposidly” took place. which to me means that Timothy is lying about the whole incident to gain popularity in fans. which isn’t okay. Timothy is just another celebrity that is obsessed with being popular. It’s stupid that she would ruin her own friends reputation for her own popularity. and i’ve noticed that she copied Melanie’s style as in her look. She needs to own up and admit to lying about the incident. LYING IS NEVER OKAY.

10. Rob on February 19th, 2018 5:43 PM

I think this allegation enhances the image of Melanie Martinez and makes her seem more wild and compelling.

I think that, in general, sex crimes enhance the image of celebrities rather than destroy their careers.

The media bags them, so it seems as though they are unpopular, but the media bagged Michael Jackson for years like he was the scum of the earth. Then when he died the true feelings of the public were revealed in the form of 30-40 million album sales in the year of his death. People clearly didnt care about the allegations at all.

The media does not represent the opinions of the general public – it sensationalises. I think that is also the case here.

The allegations about Melanie Martinez just make me laugh and wonder what other wild things she is up to in her personal life. They do not make me cringe or think she is dirty.

11. I dunno on February 25th, 2018 7:54 AM

Timothy posted a tweet that she immediately delated saying that she was lying and that she only said that cause Mel was getting all the game and glory ; )

12. Drew on June 16th, 2018 4:12 AM

Ok before u get mad im neutral i dont know who to believe but timothy didnt tweet that or i woulda got the notif cuz her tweets r notifidied by me

13. fortunecookie on February 25th, 2018 3:40 PM

This case is a difficult one, worsened by her fans being young and impulsive. To burn someone’s work you once loved, before you can even be sure of the truth is pretty fickle and it must be devastating for the artist to watch. If Timothy did plan this (and judging by some of the evidence fans have found, its looking possible she did) then its one —- of a thing to do to someone you call a friend. Jealous of Mel’s success she starts the most destructive rumour she can and announces it on Twitter where gossip spreads like wildfire.

Assuming MM is innocent I hope she can recover from this and doesn’t get savaged when she releases her new album. There’s little evidence to prove she’s guilty and until some shows up there’s no reason for so much spite. A guy like Polanski literally had to escape the country to avoid jail and people like Meryl Streep clap him at the Oscars, yet Melanie Martinez sees her work go down in flames for an unsubstantiated claim.

14. Blahhh on July 14th, 2018 11:46 PM

Couldn’t agree more

15. Blahhh on July 14th, 2018 11:45 PM

I don’t think that Timothy was raped. She is saying that for attention and also because she is jealous of Melanie in my opinion. She wouldn’t have screamed rape if some famous dude —— her after a sexual game SHE INITIATED lmao. She sounds like an attention seeker to me who doesn’t like women lol she prob wouldn’t have said anything like this to defame anybody if it was some guy who could help her —- her way to the top. But because it was a female she was competitive w, of course she will try to ruin Melanie’s career. Screw people like Timothy. I’m sure she —— many guys in the same way and like I said cuz Melanie is a woman and Timothy was likely competitive w Melanie she suddenly claims after time passes that she was “uncomfortable”. Ew idk I just feel like Timothy is suspicious in general. Just wants attention for her own music. She needs to get a life. People have sex, sorry but if she really didn’t want it she would have definitely made sure it didn’t happen. I know she wasn’t like tied down lol it’s just all dumb. And Melanie is small, like she didn’t “overpower” her, nor drug her unknowingly. Timothy mentions she was “high”, but she prob consented to that too lmao. It’s just stupid to me. Melanie doesn’t deserve all this hate when there’s people in our regular society doing far worse. Sex is the culture now. 13 year olds are dressing like 21 year olds and becoming very sexually active, drinking and doin drugs n being lil ——– aka bhadbabie (the cash me outside psycho famous for starting fights n talking —) or Malu trevejo (another psycho wannabe hood teenager who is famous and gets love for being a completely rude and illiterate —–) why aren’t y’all worried about that? Fight that y’all. Cuz that’s some nasty —-. Melanie had a consensual adult sexual encounter w timothy, yet timothy w no evidence is trying to now say it wasn’t consensual for her own twisted gain imo. Y’all are hating on the wrong person. There’s other lil hoes that should go down long before Melanie. Melanie has good intentions and her work is art. I believe Melanie when she says it was consensual. U guys should really go and rag on those other dumb bitches who really don’t contribute to society in any way asides from looking 21 at ages 14-15, and being jailbaiting nasty rude — —-. Like seriously focus on bringing down some of these other —— please, there’s nastier people out there who should be taken down, not Melanie for a consensual encounter w someone (which should be kept private imo) but Timothy was just mad that Melanie doesn’t spend time on her anymore and so she’s competitive now and just wants to ruin Melanie 😭😂ugh this world is bonkers. To conclude this long — paragraph, I will just say I believe Melanie.

16. Anonymous on August 13th, 2018 10:53 PM

Melanie is seeming innocent right now . Heller has spat out wrong dates left and right nobody forgets dates of events like the one we’re talking about some dates don’t even make sense considering Melanie wasn’t in the city. She even released her song piggyback which is about people turning on friends for fame which isn’t ok. In trials the accused are 100% innocent until proven guilty so it’s not fair to point fingers and burn Melanie to the ground as of now. I hope you all remember this is an opinion a

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

“A Star is Born” will leave you in tears

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

TV Review: Fear the Walking Dead

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

L.A. Spooky Legends

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Spooky Crossword Puzzle: Halloween Movies & Treats

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Creeping It Real: Halloween Horror Nights Review

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Film Review: Hell Fest

• Entertainment

Halloween Horror-scopes

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Meltdown: Youtube Beauty Community in Ruins

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

Film Review: Searching

• Melanie Martinez Scandal

Entertainment

New Netflix Original Movies