Senior Standouts Results

April Cuarenta and Mya Gates, News Reporter, Features Reporter

The senior standout results are in! The Gondolier yearbook  committee has given the Oarsman a sneak peek of some of the winners of this year’s senior standouts.  Congratulations to the following winners: Lorraine Bruce for Most Likely to be Late to Graduation, Omar Cruz and Olympia Miccio for Most Talented.

Omar Cruz

Mya Gates

“ I guess it makes me feel pretty good about all of the things I’ve been doing on campus besides my schoolwork.” said Cruz who has played numerous leading roles in school productions, such as Bernardo in “West Side Story “ and Prince Charming in “Happily Ever Once Upon.” He also sings in the school choir.

Olympia Miccio

Miccio said that winning “Most Talented” was very surprising and flattering.

“I didn’t nominate myself at all so it was pretty cool to see that I’d won most talented and most likely to be famous too. I think I won because I am a Get Lit player and get paid to perform and write poetry professionally. Also I make music, sing, and do visual art.” Miccio wishes to continue producing music, writing and making art in the future.

Bruce joked  that her award was not something to be proud. “It’s funny that I got this, but I guess it just came to that point because I’m always late.”  

Mario Luna

Photo provided by Yearbook

Mario Luna was surprised when people nominated him for “Best Hair. “ I think that people nominated me for this category because for two whole years, I would slick my hair back every day,” said Luna. He refers to his hairstyle as “Chicano Style.”

Some other categories that will be featured in this year’s yearbook will be: Most Likely to Succeed, Best Shoe Game, Best Smile, Class Clown and much more!