Super Bowl Sunday: Kansas City vs San Francisco

The Super Bowl is the most coveted event during the NFL season where two teams face off to see who was the best team this year. The two teams facing off are the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. 

Both teams have struggled with injuries and small mistakes. The Chiefs have been dealing with their wide receivers dropping the ball when it mattered most or offsides when the game was on the line. But the quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been playing out of his mind to help his team make the playoffs and Super Bowl even with the adversity they have been faced with. 

The Chiefs’ defense has been playing great; the secondary has only allowed 176.5 yards per game which is 4th in the NFL but have let up 113.2 rushing yards per game which is 17th ranked in the NFL. They are the favored team coming into this game. 

The underdogs are the 49ers, who have one of the best defenses in all of the NFL. There are superstar players such as Fred Warner, Nick Bosa, and Dre Greenlaw on defense but on offense, they have more great players such as Brock Purdy, Christian McCaffery, Deebo Samuel, Trent Williams, Brandon Aiyuk, and more.  

Quarterback Brock Purdy has been doubted since he was the last pick in the NFL draft. People called him “Mr. Irrelevant,” but in his two years of starting, he has proved to be a star taking his team 2 years in a row to NFC championships. 

Brock Purdy has an opportunity to put himself into a conversation as a top 5 quarterback, but Patrick Mahomes has a chance to cement himself as one of the greatest of all time at the age of 28.

This Sunday should be the game of the year to see who really is the best team in the NFL.