Get ready to be pitch slapped

Kimberly Velasquez, Reporter

The all-female a cappella group, the Barden Bellas, get pitch slapped as they lose their harmony. In “Pitch Perfect 2,” which came out on May 15, the Bellas will be better than ever at an international competition, which no American team has ever won, to redeem their status.

Unlike the original “Pitch Perfect,” which earned $65 million, “Pitch Perfect 2” earned over $70 million in its opening weekend. “Pitch Perfect 2” was a good movie, but it wasn’t as good as the original. The original seemed more fun and was written better. Yet, the movie was still very exciting and amusing to watch.

Some returning actors and actresses who show up in the movie are Beca (Anna Kendrick), Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson), Chloe (Brittany Snow), Jesse (Skylar Astin), and Gail (Elizabeth Banks) who also directs the movie. The Bellas add two new members to their group, Florencia Fuentes (Chrissie Fit), a Guatemalan sophomore from Barden University, and Emily Junk (Hailee Steinfeld), a freshman legacy Bella whose mom was also a Barden Bella in her early years.

The movie starts with the Bellas performing at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, in front of the President and the First Lady. Then, as the Bellas are singing their song and being aca-perfect, Fat Amy has an awkward moment in front of a live television audience as she hangs on a harness and accidentally flips over, leading to a rip in her pants and a look at her private part. Unfortunately for Fat Amy, she wasn’t wearing underwear.

Because of this embarrassing performance, the Barden Bellas are kicked out of the Aca-Circuit, which is the area where a cappella singers perform. As months pass, they try to do their best in every gig, competing against their biggest rivals, to regain their fame. However, along the way they totally lose control of their rhythm and harmony.

The girls go for a camping trip to regain their confidence and get their pitch back. As they stay for a few days, they get to know each other better and by the end of the day, they have a campfire and eat marshmallows.

When the girls get back to the campus, they get ready to battle their rivals in an international competition to qualify for the Aca-Circuit again. Will the Bellas win their biggest battle yet and achieve the impossible? See the movie to know more.