Girls’ Soccer Aims For A Win Against Palisades After 0-0 Draw

Girls’ soccer, 9–4–3, are on the road today against the Palisades Dolphins, as they look to finally break the deadlock and earn all three points.

After a tight 0–0 draw against Pali in November, the team is “more motivated to get the win this time,” said senior Josie Grippe.

“It’s always going to be a competitive and difficult game,” said senior Jocelyn Lamond. “But having played them before, we know how they’re coming out. This is a game we always prepare for.”

Although it was the first time in 16 years that they hadn’t lost to Palisades, the team “isn’t going to settle for a tie,” said Lamond. “We’re ready to play our best and not feel the way we felt last time, like we could’ve done more.”

The Gondoliers thrashed the Fairfax Lions 10-0 Wednesday, ending a 4-game slump that had been lingering since the start of 2024.

“I think the win was definitely something we needed after the slump, especially since you want confidence going against teams like Pali,” said Grippe.

When asked about the cause of the poor run of form, Lamond said, “over winter break we didn’t really do our parts to practice individually, you could tell people were getting in their heads.”

For many players, the slump has been frustrating because of the raw talent that the squad possesses. Lamond highlights juniors Isabella Mylan and Alex Rosen for helping the midfield “come alive.”

“We have so many talented players that we know we can put anyone on the field and they’ll perform,” said Lamond.

With playoffs on the horizon, both Lamond and Grippe believe the team can defeat anyone who crosses their path, with the ultimate goal of winning the city championship.

“Ultimately, everything we’ve gone through has made us better and hopefully we’ll be able to ride this momentum,” said Lamond.