Student Run News Site of Venice High School

Stay Updated—Subscribe to our Newsletter
Polls

Do you plan to return to in-person learning this semester?

• Yes (70%, 158 Votes)
  • No (30%, 68 Votes)

Total Voters: 226

Loading ... Loading ...
The Oarsman on Twitter
Twitter feed is not available at the moment.

Girls’ Water Polo Hopes To Redeem Victory Against Palisades

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Girls’ water polo, 4–3, have high hopes for their match against Palisades Dolphins at home today.

The last time they played against the Dolphins was on January 17, which ended up in a loss of 19-4. But they aim to right their wrongs and this time, get a victory, according to senior Lauren Nichols, a captain.

“I would say to go in confident; we are stronger than we think we are, our coaches definitely want us to go in with a strong mind and a strong heart,” said Nichols. “I think we could really try our best at this game and make a fight and make a comeback.”

The team was thrilled with a 25–8 win against the University Bobcats, and it was a “big family bonding moment” for the team.

The match against Uni was also the girls’ Senior Night, where the team commemorated seniors Sophia Cueva, Lauren Nichols, and Ashley Gonzalez. 

Overall with the season almost coming to an end, the team feels incredible and has grown stronger.

“We’ve grown incredibly together, but we started out with one coach and grew to four coaches and those coaches and they have all collectively taken us together to new heights,” said Nichols.

Coach Rico, Randy, Joshua, and Josh, they are all incredibly proud of the team from their overall performance this season and are proud of how well the girls have improved. 

With the game against Palisades today, they will use what they learned from today’s match and use it in the upcoming playoffs.

“We’re going use Pali as another. It’s almost another practice because we’ve lost a lot of our practice time. We can take Pali and learn a lot from it and bring it to the playoffs,” said Nichols.