Boys’ Tennis, 1-3, Faces The University Wildcats Today

Boys’ tennis, 1-3 overall, will be on the road against the University Wildcats after a “great match” against the Palisades Dolphins on Wednesday, coach Andrew Horen said. 

Horen was confident in his team’s capabilities against the University.
“Our team has a lot of confidence going into the Uni match,” he said. “The more confidence they have, the more relaxed they play. That’s usually a very good thing on the tennis court.”
With a focus on consistency and shot selection, Horen believes that the team’s dedication to improvement will turn into positive results on the court.

“It’s been a productive season so far,” Horen said, talking about the team’s strong competition against top tennis schools such as Santa Monica, Culver City, and Palisades. 

With a roster full of talent and determination, Horen believes they have what it takes to secure a spot in the Division 1 playoffs and make a big impact in the tournament.

Last Wednesday, the Gondoliers went against the Palisades Dolphins 5-2. The team showed their creativity and skill.
Sophomore Alex Du defeated a very strong second singles player from Pali, and senior Zach Lev fought hard to beat their third singles player in a tough third set tie-breaker, Horen said. 

Despite the loss, the team demonstrated their competitive spirit, with senior Evan Doi and Junior Nate Berman engaging in an exciting doubles match against Pali’s top doubles team. 

“We had a great match with Pali,” he said. “They are always one of the top tennis teams.”

Horen continues to guide his players throughout the season, helping them to develop qualities like sportsmanship, determination, and teamwork. Under his direction, the high school tennis team is prepared for victory, and ready to take advantage of every chance and overcome every challenge that stands in their way, being set on the playoffs and beyond.